Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Confused Being


A particular incident yesterday had left me contemplating on my life - on the decisions I have to make and on the path I have to take.

I may be good at analyzing things but when it comes to making conclusions, I always have a hard time. I want to play it safe. I do take risks but as much as possible, I don't want to take that much risk because I'm not sure if it will all be worth my brave act. But as they say, life is about taking risks. And I have my life right now. But where do I start?

A collegue told me that if I want to do something, do it for the right reasons. If everybody is taking graduate school in a different country, it doesn't mean that you must take it too. If most of your batchmates are in medical school, and you feel you're already left out, it doesn't mean that you need to study medicine too. I know she's right. But I also know that deep in my heart, I want to do those two important things because those are my dreams. Those have always been...

Based on the things I learned (I got this from Paulo Coelho, from his work, The Alchemist):
  • First, one must realize his dream. What do you want to do? What makes you tick? What is your passion?
  • Then, take the necessary actions to make it happen. Little by little, you'll be able to attain it. And the next thing you'll know, you're already there living your dream.
The problem is, I think I have so many dreams. So many that I already don't know which one to prioritize first. At the end of the day, I'm one confused being. And it made me realize that I have to act now, or else time would just pass me by.

No comments: