Thursday, September 27, 2012

Feeling Under the Weather

Autumn has completely taken over. The temperature has dropped and trees are starting to change colors. But with that shift in season, my body is feeling a bit confused. I guess my nose, throat, and lungs are not yet ready for this new season. Yesterday I got dry cough and scratchy throat. Speaking and swallowing were painful but I still managed to talk to my friend like nothing's wrong. I bought 유자차 (honey citrus tea) and had myself gargle hot water with salt to ease my sore throat. By night time, I decided to go to bed early but I haven't really gotten a good night's sleep due to the excruciating pain in my throat. I woke up several times the whole night because my throat felt dry and burning with pain. It's hard to swallow my saliva so I just spit it out. Also, breathing normally with my nose was quite difficult, and with that I just tried inhaling and exhaling through my mouth. It's probably one of my worst nights ever! Last year, I also had that same experience. Actually, it was even worse. The sore throat lasted for about two or three days. I couldn't eat rice and meat, thus I resorted to noodles, but still, swallowing even a single strand of noodle was very hard. It never fails, whenever I'm going to get a cold, the first symptom is a very, very painful sore throat.

This morning, I woke up feeling really sick. I felt like I had a fever so I decided to just wash my body but not my head. I still went to the lab because staying in my room will probably make me feeling more sick. The only downside was that, I was lightheaded the whole time. Good thing I didn't have any major experiment scheduled for today. I was thinking to myself, "This is not a common cold. I maybe down with a flu." So to make sure, I went to the clinic and had a check up. You see, it's still better to go to the doctor if you're not feeling well instead of self-medicating.

Finally got my much needed meds!

Well, it seems like I'm not the only one having cough and cold. Another student in the clinic also has. Blame it on the change in season.



P.S. I am now feeling a lot better. Thank you Doc! 

No comments: