Friday, September 14, 2012

Rants

Warning: This is a rant-heavy post.


So please bear with me.



As much as I wanted to think that I'm living a serene and peaceful life, everything seems out of place right now. I hate to admit it and put all my rants and problems here but I guess there's just no other way. A lot of things are going on/spinning in my mind, which include the following:


1. thesis manuscript

been there, done all of that
I only have two weeks before I hand the first draft to the professor and I still haven't figured out where I should start. In other words, I'm having a writer's block. Here's the universal truth in writing, the most difficult is the beginning, specifically the very beginning. Based on experience (from my undergraduate thesis writing to the present), 55% of my time and energy is spent summoning all the courage and motivation needed and 45% is spent on the writing process itself.  At this point in time, I'm still in the "summoning all the courage and motivation" stage. *gulp*

2. physical look

In my defense I must say I'm not vain but, like any other girl or any other person, I want to feel good about myself. Actually, who doesn't? They say confidence is the key. And how can you have confidence? Obviously one should have something to be confident about. And since we're talking about physical aspect here, this would include: a healthy body, smooth & glowing skin, etc. Do I have a healthy body? Uhm, maybe. But I really need to do some exercise, especially now that I stopped attending my swimming classes. Smooth and glowing skin? Sad to say, I don't have that.  I'm acne-prone and with all the stress, acne is starting to take over my face. I don't even bother looking at my face in the mirror anymore because pimples are just flaring up here and there. Gosh, what to do? *me in panic mode*

3. finances

Math was never my favorite subject. But now that I'm in a financial rut, I want to tell this to myself: You should have taken or attended a personal finance, management, accounting, and/or economic class and maybe learn a thing or two in budgeting and saving money. Myself would answer me: Seriously? And I would answer back: Yes, seriously. Seriously!!!

4. inspiration (or the lack thereof)

sing if you must. someday i'll be singing this too.
Inspiration comes from the special people in your life like your family, friends, teachers, mentors, boyfriend/girlfriend...Wait! Boyfriend??? I know, I know...I'm in my mid-twenties and my Romeo hasn't arrived yet. Not that my life depends on that (defensive eh?) but then again any girl or any person needs to love and be loved.


So there, if you arrived at this part, then thank you for bearing with my problems in life.

Bow.



Image sources:

1st2nd3rd4th

No comments: