Monday, April 18, 2016

BGC Art Hunt


A week ago, me and my former college roommates explored the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig. It's one of the newest business areas in the metro. The buildings are newly built (there are still a lot of on-going constructions of condos and offices), the surroundings are landscaped, stoplights are everywhere and functioning properly, pedestrians on every corner... When you're there, it's as if you're in a different country.

Aside from the sprawling buildings, you'll also get to see art, specifically murals or street art in the area. This is hosted by BGC's Public Art Program (see their website here). They have organized art festivals showcasing the talents of international and local artists. Street arts can be found in the different areas and corners in BGC. Like food, they come in different flavors! Some are so huge and colorful. Others are simple yet still invoke some kind of emotion.

Here they are!









All of the murals I've seen are beautiful in their own way but this is probably my most favorite. It's not that big but I feel as if there's a story behind this little boy and the face of the tiger in front of him.

The mural above is just located on the wall of Fully Booked shop. When we went inside, I asked the guard if there are still other murals nearby, then she said she knows one inside. Well, it's not only walls that can be used as canvass for murals, apparently stacks of books can be used also!



*All pictures taken by me
   The one's I'm included were taken by Shayne

No comments: