Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sweet Tooth Cravings: Calea

My third week of May was spent in the province of Negros Occidental. It is known as the Sugar Capital of the Philippines because it's main industry consists of  the production and refinery of sugar. Of course, when we talk about sugar, cakes and desserts come to mind.

And when it comes to cakes and desserts, one of the best places to visit is Calea, located in Bacolod City. I have to say, I am loving the cozy feel of their shop - white walls, white and yellow lights, floral wallpaper, and hanging lamps.







Now, let's have a look at their specialty! Cakes, cakes, cakes! When we were told to take our pick, I was like, "Can you please give a minute, oh not just one but probably five minutes?" The cakes are a feast to my eyes. And guess what, it even took me more than five minutes to choose my cake. I was checking each one, shelf by shelf, and walking back and forth. It's hard to decide when you have all these in front of you. =)




For a close-up view, here they are! Posting each image makes me want to go back there right now.






 We made sure to order different kinds of cakes so that we'll get to taste several of them.
 Me and Erin satisfying our sweet tooth cravings. Well, what can I say? I freakin' love their cakes! It's creamy and the sweetness is just right. Calea didn't disappoint us!

Two thumbs up for Calea! You made me and my taste buds and stomach happy! Delicious cakes plus a cup of tea is a perfect way to end my fourth night in Negros Occidental.

No comments: