Sunday, January 28, 2024

My Slow-living Era & North Star

It's a nice Sunday morning. Finally, the sun is out after a couple of days of rain and gloom. The wind is blowing and it's giving me a peaceful feeling. However, in my mind, there is chaos and worries. But will I benefit anything from it if I continue dwelling on those worries? The big answer is NO. As advised by an old friend, "Focus on things you can control, not on the things you can't."

Right now, I am just thankful for the present - for this life, for finally spending some time with my parents after 6 years of being away from them, for the support of my parents because they still took me under their wing even though I am already a grown adult, and for having the privilege of getting to focus on writing my thesis in the comfort of my family home without thinking of rent, of what food I should cook, etc. This, I would say, is my slow-living era. Maybe I need to experience this to have a better perspective of my life, of where I should go, of what I truly want to do, and what steps need to be taken.

As much as I am thankful for this slow-living era, I also want to have a North Star or a dream that will guide me through life's journey.  That North Star is to finally find a country where I truly fit in, have a stable job that I love doing and which I get to do until I retire, have a work-life balanced life, get married to that person who genuinely loves and supports me (with whom I also feel the same), build our own house, start a family, spend more time in nature and traveling, create something (be it an artwork, soap, or perfume), and support my parents in their old age. 


No comments: