Monday, September 19, 2011

First ever climb (Juwangsan)




I'm climbing mountains figuratively but I never thought, in my entire life, that I'll be climbing a mountain literally. This is my first climb and reaching Juwangsan peak is really AMAZING! Actually, the climb itself - the energy you put into, the determination to pursue, and the sight of nature's pristine beauty - is such a great and very rewarding experience already. Bonus point is me being one of the first three people to reach the top. Wow, thank you God for giving me the strength!

with two of our lab's undergrads, GyuTae and YongGu

























This activity, although physically demanding, has also enabled me to reflect on some things. Firstly, that nature is such a wonderful gift from God. From the moment we arrived in the area until we reached the top and then hiked back down, I was just in awe with the beauty of the surroundings, the mountains, the forests...everything!



Secondly, that there's just so much hardwork put by the people who made and build the trails. They all deserve a huge THANK YOU! It's kind of unimaginable how they're able to make trails especially on the difficult areas, such as the rocky cliff.

This is going to be one of my memorable moments here in Korea. And I also consider it as an accomplishment. My first ever climb - wow, I am just so proud and grateful!

No comments: