Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Overhaul, In Need

My oh my! It seems like ages since I last wrote here! I am actually planning for an overhaul but I just can't find time and I still need to learn the how-to's in editing html and customizing the theme and layout of this blog to my own preference (not really a computer geek girl and I already forgot all those I learned in high school about programming, tsk tsk). I'm guessing it'll take me a long time to be able to accomplish my dream overhaul. I love reading other blogs and I was like, "How did they do that?!? Their blogs are so beautiful, so unique...but me, I'm using the same old blogger template." Okay, so I just want to make this blog like my home, like everything is so me. Sometimes I wanted to shift to other blog sites but I just can't leave everything behind here. It's been more than a year already and every single thing written here has been part of my life. Thus, the dream overhaul/redesigning. Anyway, I still don't know when because I'm really busy with my laboratory life. We're having laboratory meetings every Friday. It is consist of giving a presentation to update the professor of the results of the experiment. And it's not just presenting the results, it's about presenting your study in a very organized way (which include introduction, objectives, methodology, results, and further activities). My turn was every other Friday. At first it was giving me a lot of headache, especially if I don't have good results or no results at all to present. But the good thing about this is that I realized that I need to work well to obtain good results. Slacking off is not an option anymore. Time is important, so I really have to prioritize and organize the things that I should do in my two experiments. Also, I'm eyeing to join a conference so I really need to finish my experiments in a few months time. The professor hasn't told me yet if our lab is going to join that conference but I'm hoping and praying that we'll be able to attend. That's another motivation, aside from our weekly lab. meeting, to do my experiments excellently. 




xoxo,
The Scientist err The Grad Student


Note: I can still remember all my rants before about being a grad student here in Korea (e.g. working all day until 9pm or even at a later time in the lab) but now, I'm used to it. It has become the norm and my day-to-day activity. And I must say after almost one year, now's the first time I'm starting to love what I'm doing. There's enthusiasm, which I've been praying for a long time. Thank you God for the answered prayer!

No comments: