Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saturday Shopping: Paperdolls, Max Factor, & Veet

Since I'll be attending a seminar next week, I decided to look for an outfit yesterday at SM City Calamba. I was thinking of wearing either a shift dress or slacks+blouse but I find it difficult and time consuming looking for and fitting slacks and blouses so I opted for the shift dress instead. It's much easier to fit dresses and it's pocket-friendly also compared to buying slacks and blouse since the two are different items with two different price tags. Hehe. Anyway, here's what I've got:

Paperdolls Checkered Dress
It's my first buy from the local brand Paperdolls. I love that it's a simple black and white dress and its checkered pattern brings out the mod style of the 1960's.


I also love that it has a small collar! And the back of the dress is all black (not pictured) which in a way balances the checkered front. And guess what? The dress is on sale (P1499.75 P799)! If you don't know my shopping capabilities, I have a somewhat good radar when it comes to on-sale items that fit my shopping standards.






Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick
I'm not a lipstick kind of girl (since I have dry and chappy lips, lipsticks always tend to have uneven smudges on my lips) but ,of course, I still want to have a touch of color in my lips. Thankfully, lip stains+lip balm combos are out in the market nowadays. I am particularly in favor of the lip crayons/giant pens. They are easy to apply. They add color as well as moisture to your lips, thus preventing the chapped look. I've been using the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (001 Honey Douce) for several months now and I love it. It has a rosy pink color. To add some variation, I wanted to try other shades (more natural looking on the slightly red or coral tones), which led me to try the Max Factor Colour Elixir stick in the shade of  Subtle Coral 20. I tested it and it looked and felt so natural. This is definitely going to be added in my day-to-day girly arsenal. By the way, I got it also on sale, P525 P425. Am I lucky or what? =)

Note: If you're going to use these products, after applying, you'll see that your lips are going to be somewhat shiny because of the lip balm. Just use a piece of tissue and slightly dab it on your lips to remove the shine.

Veet Hair Removal Cream
And lastly, I bought a hair removal cream (P265). I've never done shaving or waxing my legs because as what people say, once you started doing them, you have to maintain them. But the hair on my lower legs are quite obvious now, so for the first time in forever, I am going to try this hair removal cream. I bought Veet's cream for sensitive skin just to avoid some adverse effects. Hopefully, it will work out fine.














.
.
.
Oh, the things that you buy as a girl! Haha!

No comments: