Thursday, December 11, 2014

Insadong and Bukchon Hanok Village

After touring Gyeongbokgung Palace, me and my friend headed to Insadong. It is an area brimming with Korean arts and culture. There you can find several shops selling antiques and other traditional arts and crafts. However, amidst all the shops, there's one spot that really caught my attention. It looks like a Buddhist shrine wherein several flowers with labels (I assume the labels are names of people) were placed on the ground.













Next stop was Bukchon Hanok Village. We just walked from the temple to Gyeongbokgung Palace to Bukhchon. It's a bit far but I have to say I really enjoyed the murals and small shops and, of course, the blooms.















Bukchon Hanok Village consists of narrow streets and traditional Korean houses. I was kind of exhausted already when we arrived there but it's still nice to see the old houses. Old architectures somewhat have a magical charm in them.



On our way back, I saw another mural (pictured below). Well, there's definitely a lot of arts and culture going on in this part of Seoul!

No comments: