Tuesday, February 3, 2015

On Weddings and Being a Maid of Honor

Hello February!

We're already on the second month of the year. Whew, time flies! It's like January just came around. And I'm sorry guys for not being able to post on a regular basis. Aside from the super slow internet connection, I find it hard to compose blog entries at night because every time I come home from work, I hit the bed right away and sleep all the way. Geez, in other words, I'm getting old already. Haha! Anyway, since it's the "love month" once again, I'm gonna be sharing some love. A love that was bonded into one last January 23.  And nope, it's not my wedding. It's the wedding of my dear friend.

I love watching wedding videos but being in an actual wedding is something different. I have never experienced being a flower girl when I was little, let alone be a bridesmaid when I was growing up. But then, for the first time, I became a Maid of Honor, the one tasked to help the bride. And if you watched the movie 27 Dresses or have been a Maid of Honor yourself, you'll know what I mean. It's not easy but it's all worth it. And just knowing that you were there for your friend on her big day is more than enough and truly warms the heart.







Group selfie



Maid of Honor and Best Man duties







































  Weddings are a testament of love.

And it reminds us that

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, 
love gives us a fairy tale. 
                                                                   -Anonymous

No comments: