Saturday, November 27, 2010

QLF? Is it? Or something deeper?

It's a Thursday and I'm supposed to be doing my work but then I can't help but be depressed about something. Actually I wasn't thinking and worrying about it until this morning. It all started yesterday when my colleagues told me about it. And this is what I just said, "Nah, I know, right. Change topic please."

Am I experiencing this thing we call Quarter life crisis?

Quarter Life Crisis?!?!?

Omg! I thought I was still too young for that. But then time flies by so quickly. In just a matter of months I'll be turning twenty four already and still... Honestly I really don't like to talk about that. I don't want to look desperate or whatever but it's just kind of depressing. And keeping it all to myself makes it even worse. I haven't talked about it to someone seriously. So maybe writing it in here would lessen the burden. I hope so.

I know I'm an independent, young woman and I'm living my life right now. I don't need a special someone just to make my life complete. I have my family and friends. I have a job that I really like. But then again, at the end of the day I still dream of meeting my prince.

I remember the book I read entitled, Captivating. It explores the core, desires, wounds, and mysteries of a woman's heart. And I would like to share an excerpt from the book:


Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most precious dream.

Sometime between the dreams of your youth and yesterday, something precious has been lost. And that treasure is your heart, your priceless feminine heart. God has set within you a femininity that is powerful and tender, fierce and alluring. No doubt it has been misunderstood. Surely it has been assaulted. But it is there, your true heart, and it is worth recovering. You are captivating.


That book is truly an enlightening and inspirational work. And it reminds me that yeah, eventhough I have the things that I wanted, there's still something deep within my heart that needs to be seen, heard, and understand.

No comments: