Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Her Life These Days

After this summer, I only have one semester left before graduation. Whew, time flies so fast! I really feel happy and...well, panicky. Yes, your read it right. Panicky. Panic-mode. It's only a matter of time before my thesis defense and I have yet to organize all my work. I'm nearly at the end of the experiment and we're just waiting for the final results. Waiting for the transformed plants to grow and hoping that one of them will have the same phenotype as that of the mutants. But there's one big problem: if we don't get the expected results, we'll have to do something else, or in other words, start all over again (which I hope we won't).

So this July, I also have many deadlines: two abstracts and one paper. Well, I'd better do good because my future depends on those. And besides, I should really do good because the one I've been praying, that international conference - we're going there! Yay! Thank you God! 

But I also got another problem. I was so excited with the conference that I'm already thinking of the outfits and other things I would need and I'm already planning to buy this and that and this. Haha! I was thinking I will allot the money I'd get from the tutorials to my 'conference expenses'. But all of a sudden, my student said that she and his brother will not continue the tutoring anymore. I never expected that it would happen last Saturday but I kept calm and collected and said that it's okay. So there, all my to-buys have suddenly disappeared from view. However, I think that it's also a blessing in disguise because now, I would have more time in doing my paper and abstracts. And yes, I still have another student. But I'm not expecting anymore that I'd get my 'conference expenses' from my tutorial. I'll just be thrifty and save more from my allowance.

So yeah, I got lots of things to do and some problems to face but I'm also thankful for all that is happening right now. Life is indeed full of challenges, surprises, and of course, blessings. All we have to do is to trust Him and have faith that everything will be alright. 

No comments: