Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Little Bit Braver

Have you ever felt like you're in a wrong place? Have you ever felt that you're supposed to be doing something else? Something that your heart truly desires?

Everything that I am into now just feels so wrong. I am stuck in a job that I thought I love and would make me happy. I am under a supervisor who doesn't fail to stress me out every single day. Working with him is just...uhm painful. Every morning, I wake up and ask myself, "Should I go to work or not?" But of course, I have no choice. Mondays to Fridays spell w-o-r-k. I want to resign but (what the heck!) I need a source of income. Life is not easy.

Living the life of a twenty something is harder than I expected. I used to think that at that age (let's say mid-twenties to late twenties), one is living the life he/she wanted. Having a stable job, a good income, a hobby which turns out to be a career, a supportive other half, or pursuing a dream one has always dreamt of. But hey, reality is much different. Reality also consists of challenges, problems, mistakes, and being lost in the middle of nowhere.

I am lost.

Or maybe just confused.

Or maybe just afraid.

There are three options: 1) to pursue my childhood/lifelong dream, 2) to get a PhD abroad, or 3) to have a career different from the first two. But wherever I am, whatever I do, there's that one dream that has a special place in my heart (option #1). Honestly, it scares me. I have put that dream on hold for a very long time, but I think now is the time to take a step...

And be a little bit braver.




P.S. Here's a good read for all the dreamers out there ---> The 10 Lines Of Bullshit You Will Hear Before Pursuing Your Dream
image source


No comments: