Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Apsan Park (앞산공원)

Aside from KNU, another favorite place in Daegu would be Apsan Park. I've been here several times already, in several seasons (Autumn, Winter, and Summer). I remember the first time I came here in 2011 (see here). It was my first autumn experience and the foliage was either brown, red, or yellow. I came back in the summer of 2012 with a friend, then in the winter of 2013 with my family (see here), and in the autumn of 2014 with my travel buddy (see here). Now, on my fifth time, it was the summer of 2016.

It was still the same. I was greeted with lush greenery, numerous walking trails, and my favorite way of transportation going up the mountain, the cable car.


It was still summer but some maple leaves were a little excited about autumn.























I was literally on top of the world. It felt good but there's something more... I love solitude and really value my me-time but for some reason, in that moment while at the peak of Apsan, I felt a pinch of sadness. So, I guess, what I get from this experience -traveling on my own- is that it's liberating and enriching but at some point, it gets a little lonely, especially when going to places you've been to before with the people you love. But ultimately, it's still worth it and I'd do it over again.

No comments: