Monday, June 25, 2012

My New Haven in Korea

I have finally decided that I should move on with my life. Enough of my dramas!

So this afternoon I explored some other parts of downtown. I went to the subway and look where my feet took me! Kyobo! Finally, finally! I've been here in Daegu for 1 year and 4 months already but today's my first time in Kyobo. Had I known it was just there, in that part of the subway where I usually just pass by, I would have spent my Sundays in that wonderful place. Geez!

my new haven here in Korea
Kyobo is a bookstore with not only Korean books but also English and other foreign books. I've been dying to read a good book for ages! And Kyobo just have everything that I need.

these treasures make my heart leap with joy
The first book that I picked from the shelf was Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I've heard about it before and it's even one of the favorite novels of Ms. Ai, my teacher in Humanities1 (Literature and Arts ) Class but I haven't gotten a chance to read it. There are also other books like Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games, the various works of Paulo Coelho, and many other best selling novels. So many to choose from but I'm eyeing The Unbearable Lightness of Being as my first purchase.

No comments: