Tuesday, July 19, 2011

On Top of the Game

I'm supposed to be sleeping now because my call time for tomorrow is 8:30am. But then, I need to put this thought into writing. I currently need to evaluate my performance, my attitude (well the whole me) in the laboratory. I need to level up. I've been in the lowest, deepest, roughest situation before and now, I want to experience how to be on top of the game! I want to be a competitive, assertive, and critical researcher. But the problem is, whenever I'm working with my senior, I tend to feel inferior and nervous, leading to clumsiness and making mistakes, and ultimately resulting to poor lab performance. Ah, I hate it! I hate it when I do that. I hate it when I disappoint my senior and my professor. I hate it when I disappoint other people. All I want to do is to do the right thing. I want to be good at what I'm doing and just ignore the pressure. I want to work with passion...just like before.

So here's the plan:
  1. Be confident. Confidence is the key! Always make sure to be confident in front of professor and senior, and add to that all the other people you encounter. Avoid feeling nervous because when nervousness comes in the way, everything will surely become complicated.
  2. Be prepared. There's no other way of gaining confidence than being prepared. Before starting an experiment, it's a must to have a proper background of what it is all about. Read books, articles, and other stuff related to the topic.
  3. Be inquisitive. Never hesitate to ask some questions. The more questions asked, the more answers given, the higher the possibility of better understanding the experiment.
Hoping for the best. C'mon! Aja!

No comments: